Last Revised: July 19, 2020
Tourist Thailand (“Tourist Thailand”, “Company”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of the visitors of its website at https://touristhailand.com/ and its subdomains (the “Site”) and of its booking services available via the Site (the “Services”),(“User” or “You”).
Please read the following carefully to understand Tourist Thailand’s views and practices regarding the use of the personal information which may be collected and processed as part of your use of our Services and how Tourist Thailand will treat it.
You Are Solely Responsible For Your Communications And/or Interactions And/or Meetings With Other Users, The Trip Operator(S) And Any Other Third Parties Resulting From Your Use Of The Services And You Shall Take All Reasonable Precautions In Such Communication And/or Interactions And/or Meetings. Any Personal Information Provided To Such Third Parties Directly By You Is At Your Sole Risk And Tourist Thailand Assumes No Responsibility In Connection Thereto.
Table of Contents
- 2. Who we are
- 3. Your acknowledgment of this policy
- 4. Which information we may collect on our Users?
- 5. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
- 6. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
- 7. Sharing Information with Third Parties
- 8. Payment
- 9. Your Rights
- 10. Location of Your Data
- 11. Minors
- 12. Third-Party Service Providers
- 13. Links to Third-Party Websites
- 14. Security
- 15. Data Retention
- 16. Social Features
- 18. Any Questions?
2. Who We Are
3. Your Acknowledgment of this Policy
4. Which information may we collect on our users?
We collect from Users of our Site and/or Services two types of data and information:
4.1. Non-Personal Information
The first type is non-identifiable and anonymous information. Non-personal Information, which is being gathered, consists of technical information and behavioral information that does not pertain to a specific individual (“Non-Personal Information”).
You may access, browse and use the Site without disclosing personal information, although, like most websites and online services, we passively collect certain Non-Personal Information from your devices when you access, use and browse the Site, including (i) technical information such as the type and version of your device and its operating system, the type of browser, screen resolution, device browser and keyboard language, Wi-Fi connectivity and the type and name of your device and/or browser, etc.; and (ii) behavioral information which may include the User’s click-stream on the Site, the activities of the User on the Site and additional information of a similar nature (collectively, “Technical and Behavioral Information”). We may also use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, to obtain detailed analytics on the device and the User’s behavior on the Site.
4.2. Personal Information
The other type of information we collect is individually identifiable information. To put it simply, this information identifies an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature, such as your contact information (“Personal Information”), including:
4.2.1. Personal information which is provided voluntarily when using the Site and the Services
- Opening an Account: when opening an account to use the Service, you will be required to provide us with the following: e-mail address and password. You may provide additional information, including your name, telephone number, etc.
- Communications with Tourist Thailand: Information you provide to us as part of any communications with Tourist Thailand, by any means, including by including e-mail correspondence, approaching our customer services or during sales calls (such information may include marketing and communication data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences).
- Contact Details: when you enquire about services via the Site (e.g. by using the “Contact Us” form on the Site or by requesting to amend a tour), we will ask you to provide us some or all of the following details: name, e-mail address, phone number, nationality, country of residence and a free text message.
- Bookings: Users who wish to use the Services, are required to provide the information detailed in the various booking form(s) available on the Site, which includes the Users’ full name, email address, location in Thailand, phone number, citizenship, religion, and a free text message.
in order to pay for your use of the Service, you will be required to use certain online payment processors which will require you to fill out a billing form wherein you will be required to provide to such online payment processors certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information) (see section 8 below regarding the payment method). We will not store such information on our servers. We only keep transaction information such Online Payment Processors provide us with, and such information is strictly secured. If we learn that you have provided us with your credit card information, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
4.2.3. Personal Information Collected via Technology
- Geolocation data: while using the Site and Services we will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data”, including through the collection of IP addresses and other similar information to determine your location for analytics and security purposes.
- Technical and Behavioral Information: to the extent that the Technical and Behavioral Information detailed above under Section 4.1 will be linked to or associated with a specific individual then such information will be considered as Personal Information.
- Identifiers: we process certain online identifiers, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, your Unique Device Identifier (UDID), UserID, or another unique identifiers, for geo-location, analytics and security purposes.
- We may cross-reference Personal Information with other Personal Information we have about you and any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
5. How do we collect information on our users?
There are two main methods we use:
a) We collect information through your entry, connection, access and/or use site and/or services. In other words, when you are using the Services we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage (such as the Non-personal Information detailed above, your IP address and your page viewing history).
b) We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register and open an account and when you contact us via the Site. We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
c) We collect Personal Information from our booking partners. We collect information and data which may be deemed as Personal Information from our third party partners, by using such third parties’ APIs.
6. What are the purposes of collection of information?
We collect Non-personal Information and Personal Information in order to provide the Service.
Non-personal Information is processed in order to:
- Enhance the User’s experience on the Site;
- Create statistical information and learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on the Site; (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others); and
- Keep the on the Site safe and secured and for prevention of fraud.
Personal Information is processed in order to:
- Enable the operation of the Services (via by us or by our third party service providers), including the Site, administer your Account and to otherwise comply with out contractual obligations to you;
- Your contact details are processed in order to register your interest in becoming a new customer and to contact you by telephone and/or by email with further information relating to our products or services which you enquired about via the Site. To ensure we offer a good and responsive service, we consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you;
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and customer support;
- Personalize your experience on the Site;
- Ensure that content on the Site is presented in an optimal way for you and for your device (e.g. tablet, mobile phone);
- Keep the Site safe and secured and for prevention of fraud and crime, including verifying User’s identity for the purpose of dealing with inappropriate interactions of User and/or fraudulent use of our Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests, including in order to improve Services;
- Maintain our data processing records and general administrative purposes;
- Allow Users to register for special offers, contests or other services;
- Enable payment for use of the Services, through third party third party online payment processors. Please note that we do not collect and store credit card or other financial information;
7. Sharing information with third parties
7.2. In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described under Section 6 above, we may also share your information in the following cases:
- Tourist Thailand Personnel: Personal Information that we collect and process may be transferred to or accessed by personnel of Tourist Thailand for the sole purpose of enabling the operation of the Site and Services and to contact you (as detailed in Section 6 above). Please note that all Tourist Thailand personnel that will have access to your Personal Information are under an obligation of strict confidentiality with respect to such Personal Information.
- Group Companies: the Personal Information you provide to us may be accessed by members of our group of companies in order to fulfill the purposes detailed herein.
- Service Providers: we share Personal Information with vendors, commercial software providers, consultants, and data processers who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, companies that provide analysis, messaging services, and services that host the Site. Please note that we collect, hold, and manage your Personal Information through a third party’s cloud-based services, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction. For more information regarding our Service Providers, please refer to Section 13 below.
7.3. For the avoidance of doubt, Tourist Thailand may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its discretion including without limitation for statistical, analytical, and research purposes and for customization, development, and improvement of our Site and Services.
9. Your Rights
Tourist Thailand acknowledges you have the right to access and change the Personal Information we collect and process. If you wish to access or to correct, amend, or delete Personal Information, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe, but in any event no later than permitted by applicable law.
10. Location of your data
|Note to our Users in the EU: If you are located in the EU, you have a right to request further information regarding the data transfer mechanisms used by us with respect to data transfers to third countries. In order to keep your Personal Information safe, we apply strict safeguards when transferring it outside of the EEA, which may include the following: · Transferring your personal information to countries approved by the European Commission as having adequate data protection laws. · Entering into standard contracts that have been approved by the European Commission and which provide an adequate level of high-quality protection, with the recipients of your Personal Information; · Transferring your Personal Information to organizations that are Privacy Shield Scheme certified, as approved by the European Commission.|
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE SITE AND PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AND AGREE, IN JURISDICTION WHERE SUCH CONSENT IS REQUIRED, TO SUCH TRANSFER, STORING AND/OR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The Site and/or Services are intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, Tourist Thailand does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors under the age of sixteen (18) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of sixteen (18) are not using the Service. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from minors under the age of eighteen (18) we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
12. Third Party Service Providers
12.2. Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage your Personal Information through Tourist Thailand’s authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as hosting cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes.
12.3. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
12.4. Such third parties service providers include without limitation the following categories of service providers:
- Hosting services;
- Website analytics platforms; and
- Operators and Suppliers;
13. Links to Third Party Websites
We take appropriate measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
Your Personal Information is hosted on Siteground servers, which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical).
Some of the security measures that we employ include, without limitation: highly secure services design and implementation using state of the art encryption and architectures mechanisms, restriction of access to your Personal Information to individuals who need access to it in order to process it on Tourist Thailand’ behalf and implementation of secured permission management and auditing system using specific and proprietary firewall and network access filtering as well as security group mechanisms.
Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur.
Tourist Thailand will comply with applicable law in the event of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your Personal Information and will inform you of such breach if required by applicable law.
To The Extent That Tourist Thailand Implemented The Required Security Measures Under Applicable Law, Tourist Thailand Shall Not Be Responsible Or Liable For Unauthorized Access, Hacking, Or Other Security Intrusions Or Failure To Store Or The Theft, Deletion, Corruption, Destruction, Damage, Or Loss Of Any Data Or Information Included In The Personal Information.
15. Data Retention
Tourist Thailand will retain the Personal Information for as long as we are comfortable that it is accurate and can be relied upon. Personal Information which is no longer required for the purpose for which is was initially collected will be deleted unless we have a valid justification to retain it which is permitted under applicable law, such as to resolve disputes or comply with our legal obligations.
16. Social Features
18. Any Questions?